Tasmania tours departing Hobart to Bruny Island
Bruny Island sits off the Southeast coast of Tasmania. The local Bruny Islanders are producing some of the finest gourmet food products in Tasmania, making this one of the best foodie tours in Tasmania departing Hobart.
A short 30 min drive to Kettering, where the ferry departs on its 15 min crossing.
The coastlines are dominated by towering sea cliffs, mountains, seabirds, penguin colonies, seals, whales, shipwrecks and sweeping white sandy beaches.
Captain Cook, Furneaux, D’entrecasteaux and Bligh were some of the early explorers that anchored in Adventure Bay, a sheltered anchorage on the South Island. Whaling and coal mining were amongst the earliest industries in Adventure Bay. Bruny Island is approximately 100 km long - about half the size of Singapore, and has a population of just over 600.
Experience some of the Bruny Island short walks, Bruny Island sights, history, culture, wildlife and Bruny Island food. Take the guess work and risk out of driving yourself... relax and enjoy one of Tasmania’s top Hobart day tours as rated on TripAdvisor.
Bruny Island Overnight Safaris
A personally guided and tailored small group tour with our expert island tour guide over 2 days. Embracing nature, wilderness, White Wallaby in the wild, sea cliff coastlines, beaches and heritage on the Bruny Island Gourmet Trail. Including sumptuous island lunches and dinner, Bruny Island wine, morning tea & produce sampling
We pack a breakfast of your choice and your guide will insure that it’s delivered to your retreat on the evening before so you can enjoy at your leisure before starting your second day of island discovery.
Stay the night at one of the many waterfront or bush retreat properties that we have personally selected to suit your needs and requirements.
Your Bruny Island Overnight tour includes:
Bruny Island Lighthouse Tours – Southern Most Lighthouse Tours in Australia
- HUGE morning Tea, with coffee, tea or a local apple juice.
- Winery visit and tasting with a bottle of wine to take home.
- Cloudy Bay Beach discovery walk.
- Huge local dinner at Hotel Bruny with Bruny Island Cider, wine or beer.
- 4.5★ boutique style accommodation with water views and privacy or bush retreat.
- Picnic hamper lunch prepared by The Bruny Island House of Whisky.
- Whisky Tasting if you are inclined, but not compulsory.
- Short walks and Bruny Island scenic lookouts.
- Jetty fishing (Not compulsory) or Quarantine Station visit.
- Oysters, cheese tastings, chocolate, fudge, smoked product tastings, cider, ice cream and more.
- Bag of apples in season.
- Cape Bruny Lighthouse Station and South Bruny National Park.
- Sunset Lighthouse Tour or Day Lighthouse Tour.
- Ferry Fare
- Expert local tour guide for two days.
- Carefully selected breakfast of your choice.
- Plunger coffee and tea.
- Bottled water and lollies
- Inala Wildlife Sanctuary.
Join the southern most lighthouse tour in Australia, operating in the South Bruny National Park at Cape Bruny.
Built in 1836 by convicts from Port Arthur and from locally quarried dolerite.
Watch as the sun drops behind the mountain ranges of the Tasmanian Southwest Wilderness from the amazing balcony vantage point perched 114 m above the Tasman Sea, surrounded by dolerite sea cliffs and pounding ocean swells.
Listen to the stories from our guides and take in the ruggedness and pure remoteness of such a wonderful iconic landmark.