Relax, reconnect, discover and explore in the twin towns of Echuca Moama – the closest Murray River communities to Melbourne at just 2.5 hours drive.
Check out some of our favourite Echuca Moama experiences below and call the friendly staff at the Visitor Centre on 1800 804 446 or visit the website www.echucamoama.com to book your next family holiday.
Hit the water:
- Steam down the river aboard one of our historic paddlesteamers, houseboats or luxury motor vessels, or hire a pontoon boat and explore the river at your own pace.
- Explore the narrowest section of the Murray River on an eco boat tour with Kingfisher Cruises.
- Take a stand up paddleboarding or kayak tour and explore the region from the water.
- Conquer the floating inflatable obstacle course at Aqua Island.
- Head out of town to one of our quiet fishing spots and see if you can snag a Murray Cod, Yellowbelly, Bream or Redfin.
Meander through a museum
- Trace the history of Echuca’s riverboat trade and shipbuilding industry at the Port of Echuca Discovery Centre. By night, take a guided lantern tour to explore hidden places and uncover the spirits of the Murray.
- Launch a plane, eat a bug, build a mountain and explore gravity at TwistED Science.
- Rev your engines at the National Holden Motor Museum and check out more than 50 vehicles showcasing 70 years of ‘Australia’s Own’.
- Race into the Rochester Sports Museum to check out the 4000 exhibits, including Adam Gilchrist’s wicket-keeping gloves, Martina Navratilova’s tennis dress and one of Greg Norman’s iconic hats.
- Visit the 600 animals that call Kyabram Fauna Park home and book a VIP animal encounter.
- Go horse riding at Billabong Ranch or Horsehand.
- Show some love to the rescued and rehabilitated donkeys at the Tongala Donkey Shelter (appointment only).
- Fly into Reeds Bird Hide in Murray Valley National Park – part of the world’s largest river red gum forest – and see how many different bird species you can find.
Wide open spaces
- Say ‘hola’ to Australia’s largest cactus farm, Cactus Country. View thousands of cactus plants – some of which are more than 30 years old – and if you visit in spring you can see the cacti in full bloom.
- Choose your own adventure as you explore the walking tracks and cycling trails in Banyule State Forest, Barmah National Park, Rushworth State Forest or Murray Valley Regional and National Park.
Sip and savour
- Relax at one of the family-friendly wineries in the Heathcote or Perricoota wine regions, or one of the local wineries located in and around the towns of Echuca and Moama.
- Sit on the lawns at 1710 Brew Co and enjoy a paddle of craft beer and ciders while the kids play.
- Visit one of the region’s famous Farmers Markets to stock up on the regions freshest and finest produce.
To discover everything there is to see and do in Echuca Moama, visit the website at www.echucamoama.com