Perth is loaded with outdoor spaces, from the beach, to a park, to the kids favourite of all, a playground! We have been around again this year, like we do every year, and made a list to help you out with the best 10 playgrounds in Perth to take the kids to.
- Variety Place, Kings Park – Your kids will love this huge nature based playground and will spend hours exploring, climbing up to the fort, crawling through tunnels and swinging on ropes. There is something for all ages, with logs for crawlers to crawl through and lots of caves for walkers to explore. The bigger kids will love the ropes playground.
- Rotary Park, Wanneroo – A state-of-the-art playscape featuring innovative, universal access play equipment suitable for all ages. There is plenty to explore with elevated tree walks with awesome viewing platforms, swings, slides, a cubby house and space net.
- Robot Park, Newhaven Estate – This playground is different from all other playgrounds you have been to. It has a mix of industrial robot themed play equipment and a contrast of nature, sand and water play. The big feature that will surprise the kids is the coloured robot head. It can be climbed (inside and out) with a hidden slide running down the middle. The robot’s body has loads of nets and ropes to climb, as well as a rock climbing wall. It is awesome and the kids will keep wanting to come back.
- Wireless Hill Park, Ardross – Teach the kids about Perth’s communication history, whilst they play on the playground. Climb the radio tower anchor and enjoy the amazing views of the river and city.
- The Village at Wellard Adventure Playground – There is a 7m rope climbing frame that they can come down the slide in the middle or keep climbing to the two storeys above. There is a plethora of jungle ropes including a couple of hammocks to get a quick rest in, before more energy burning. There is also a three way swing, perfect for swinging competitions between the kids!
- Woodbridge Riverside Play Space – Featuring an Eco Adventure play zone including sand, nature and water play, ship and raft carousel and spinners, sway fun rocket, double cable way with flying fox and pommel seats.
- Calleya Park, Banjup – A highlight of this playground for the kids is the two in-ground trampolines, that are not normally something you come across in a playground!!!!!
- There are also two slides, including a very high twisty one for the brave and a smaller slide for the littlies.
- BHP Billiton Water Park, Elizabeth Quay – This beautiful interactive water park is fun during the day and even better at nights, when it is illuminated by the colourful lighting. Surrounded by tiered decking and with all the fun of the Quay, it’s possible to make the day disappear and the kids will have a blast!
With so many playgrounds and spaces to let the kids run wild in, what are you waiting for?
Pack a picnic and get out exploring!