- Places To Go
- The Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- The Illawarra
- The NSW South Coast
- Northern Territory
- The Docklands
- The Echuca – Moama Region
- Things To Do With Kids In Melbourne – Family Activities In Melbourne
- Nillumbik, Whittlesea & the Northern Suburbs
- Kids Activities, Phillip Island Things To Do
- The Bellarine Peninsula
- South Gippsland
- The Great Ocean Road
- Mornington Peninsula Things To Do
- The Yarra Ranges
- Western Australia
- Kids Activities In Fremantle – Wonder What To Do In Fremantle Today!
- Mandurah & Peel Region
- Margaret River Activities – Things To Do With Kids In Margaret River
- Things To Do With Kids In Perth – Kids Activities In Perth
- The Perth Hills
- Rottnest Island
- The Suburbs
- The Swan Valley
- Order A book
- Places to Stay
- Special Offers
- This event has passed.
Melbourne World Rice Festival
October 18 - November 14
Rice is an integral part of many cultures, not only in everyday life but also in celebration. The Melbourne World Rice Festival celebrates the city’s cultural diversity by showcasing some of the world’s great rice cultures. Take a culinary world tour and discover the untold stories of rice in fun and engaging ways.
Some foodie highlights include an Indonesian cooking class (with Makan Balinese restaurant and Yoi Indonesian Fusion); an Indigenous food workshop (with Mabu Mabu – Big Esso restaurant) and a miso making class with Koji and Co,
Entertainment includes Japanese taiko drumming presented by Wadaiko Rindo, a shadow puppetry workshop and performance by Bianca Gannon, and dances from Bollywood Dance School Australia and SENES Flamenco.
There’ll also be an online marketplace allowing visitors to purchase goods associated with the festival.