- Places to Go
- The Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- An NSW Overview
- The Illawarra
- The NSW South Coast
- Northern Territory
- Western Australia
- Order A Book
- Places to Stay
- Special Offers
- This event has passed.
New playground lands in Mulgrave in time for school holidays
June 27 - July 31
Encompassing 6.8-hectares, Finale Park is now one of the largest parks in the City of Monash municipality and will benefit Waverley Park residents and the greater community by encouraging social connectivity in a healthy and active environment.
Inspired by nature and with sensory activities for the kids to explore, the brand new 5,000 square metre play space within the park provides children and the whole family with endless adventure.
About the park and brand-new play space:
- The new play space is reflective of the natural elements of its surroundings and incorporates nature play with custom equipment. These include: a custom play tower and slides with a rope bridge, flying fox, swing area, tunnel network, basket swing and trampolines.
- Sensory activities for children include timber balance beams, sculptural timber posts, snake shaped water channel and water pump, feature rockwork and a sandpit.
- Shaded seating and picnic tables accompany the play space, suitable for family and friend gatherings.
- Located within Waverley Park’s Finale Park, the new play space, wetlands and lake also includes a number of walking trails, multiple barbeque and picnic areas, fitness stations, sports and recreation facilities, an abundance of open green space and a connected footpath linking to the new play space.
- Designed by the award-winning MDG Landscape Architect, Finale Park will operate as the heart of the established 80-hectare community, which now includes an incredible 12 parks and open areas for residents and the wider Mulgrave community.
- Within the wider precinct, residents and local community have access to basketball courts, soccer goal posts, bouldering wall, sprint track, outdoor fitness station and Victorian heritage-listed grandstand with retail centre and oval that is home to the Hawthorn Football Club training ground.