- Places To Go
- The Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- The Illawarra
- The NSW South Coast
- Northern Territory
- The Docklands
- The Echuca – Moama Region
- Things To Do With Kids In Melbourne – Family Activities In Melbourne
- Nillumbik, Whittlesea & the Northern Suburbs
- Kids Activities, Phillip Island Things To Do
- The Bellarine Peninsula
- South Gippsland
- The Great Ocean Road
- Mornington Peninsula Things To Do
- The Yarra Ranges
- Western Australia
- Kids Activities In Fremantle – Wonder What To Do In Fremantle Today!
- Mandurah & Peel Region
- Margaret River Activities – Things To Do With Kids In Margaret River
- Things To Do With Kids In Perth – Kids Activities In Perth
- The Perth Hills
- Rottnest Island
- The Suburbs
- The Swan Valley
- Order A book
- Places to Stay
- Special Offers
- This event has passed.
PAINTING FOR PEACE & TRUST IT’S YOUR TOMORROW @ DEC
April 12 @ 10:30 am - April 15 @ 5:00 pm
What do we mean by peace? What do we mean by trust? How do peace and trust work together? Can we do with more peace and trust in the world? Between each other? How can we represent these ideas in art?
These questions and more will be explored in a painting workshop for young people aged 11-15, in recognition of 2021 as the United Nations International Year for Peace and Trust. Leading the workshop is Larrakia artist Jason Lee who has a wealth of experience working with young people in the creation of murals and individual artworks.
For four hours a day, over four days, Jason will lead participants through ideas and symbols relating to peace and trust and how to represent these through painting on canvas. Jason will share his own painting techniques while encouraging participants to find their own style and expression for images that have meaning to their own experiences.
The workshop will culminate with an exhibition of the artworks produced at Darwin Entertainment Centre on Friday 16 April from 5.30pm.
For ages 11-15. Registrations are required and all materials will be supplied.