SPIEGEL ET LUNA – CONCERTS, COMEDY, CABARET &CARNIVAL DREAMS
THE FAMOUS SPIEGELTENT PRESENTS SPECTACULAR LIVE ENTERTAINMENT AT LUNA PARK
THESE SEPTEMBER SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
The Famous Spiegeltent touches down at St. Kilda’s Luna Park these September School Holidays with a spectacular line-up of live family & adult entertainment
from 22 September – 14 October. Nestled in the heart of Melbourne’s iconic amusement park,
The Famous Spiegeltent will deliver magic, music, thrills and spills to audiences of all ages inside its vintage opulent setting.
The Famous Spieglent is world-renowned as the ultimate performance salon built of wood, mirrors and leaded glass and detailed in velvet and brocade. The last of the remaining original Belgian spiegeltents built in 1920, it has travelled the world from Edinburgh to Melbourne and Paris to New York.
“Live entertainment…a vintage fairground…The Famous Spiegeltent …what could be more romantic and tantalizing?’ said David Bates, Director of Spiegelent International. ‘The original concept of the fairground is being reinstated with the much loved Famous of all Spiegeltents. This is the world that imagined the spiegel (mirror) tent and we are thrilled to present a season of concerts, comedy, cabaret and carnival dreams. The world of The Famous Spiegeltent returns to Melbourne…a taste of things to come!”, Bates remarked.
“What could be better than The Famous Spiegeltent in Luna Park?”, agreed Luna Park CEO Mary Stuart. ‘The links between the world of carnival history that is Luna Park and the world of performance art that is The Famous Spiegeltent are very strong. Heritage amusement parks were the places of the people’s art. We are delighted to welcome the rich diversity of live performance to co -mingle with the thrills and excitement of everything “Just for Fun” at Luna Park,” she added.
Catch Spring Fever with a ringside seat at one of the many exciting shows on offer
The Famous Spiegeltent morphs from child delights in the day to adult entertainment at night:
LE PETIT CIRCUS
– A fun, high energy circus for the whole family featuring amazing acrobatics and stacks of silliness for children ages 3+, and the young at heart. This show is always rotating with new casts and tricks to keep every performance fresh! (22 Sept – 7 Oct @ 11:30am / no shows Mon.)
MELBOURNE SINGERS OF GOSPEL CHOIR
– Performing gospel, soul and songs of purpose with the transformative impact of a congregational choir. Let your heart be raised by a collection of heavenly voices tuned to inspire. Sing-alongs encouraged! (23 Sept @ 2pm & 5pm)
DINOSAUR TIME MACHINE –
An educational dinosaur themed show incorporating up to date science and discoveries made about dinosaurs and the world in which they lived. Presented in a fun and highly visual setting, this unique theatre show incorporates puppets, circus, and easy to follow narratives ideal for children ages 3-9. ( 28 Sept – 7 Oct @ 1:30pm) – no show Sat 29 Sept)
CIRQUE DU SALSA –
The Latin Party not to be missed!
An evening of Melbourne’s best Latin music including international DJs, salsa dance lessons and the phenomenal Latin band, Tumbao Social
– a robust and charismatic 11-piece salsa and jazz ensemble that will keep your toes tappin’ and your body groovin’ all night! (29 Sept @ 8pm)
SPLASH TEST DUMMIES –
Rub-a- dub-dub, The Splash Test Dummies are ready to roll out their beach towels and spring into circus-filled hilarity for the whole family. Marvel at a brilliant array of catch-your-breath stunt work, acrobatics, juggling and side-splitting, slapstick comedy of oceanic proportion!
(22 Sept / 24-30 Sept / 3 – 7 Oct / 13-14 Oct @ 4pm)
HELLO TUT TUT –
Join in on a high energy, stimulating musical safari shaped by the aesthetics of cultures from around the world through a unique blend of Gypsy, Klezmer, Balkan and Latin sounds. Be charmed and enchanted with tones and tunes that will get you up and dancing! (5 Oct @ 6pm)
MIKELANGELO: KING OF THE CROONERS –
Internationally acclaimed singer, songwriter and entertainer, Mikelangelo, invites you on a sultry and intoxicating musical soiree through the history of the crooner in popular music. From Dean Martin to Elvis Presley, Jim Morrison to David Bowie, Iggy Pop to Nick Cave, his velvety voice and trusty guitar will make you swoon. (5 Oct @ 8:30pm)
COMEDY ISLAND –
Australia’s freshest new comics deliver all-ages amusement. Talented teens and 20-somethings take to the stage for a night of unbridled hilarity. You’’ll be shocked, amazed, and thoroughly entertained by these young guns with funny in their futures. Proudly presented by NGV and Melbourne International Comedy Festival as part of MEL & NYC. (6 Oct @ 7pm)
MOIRA FINUCANE’S DIVA CAROUSEL–
Stunning live art on a carousel! From velvet to vamps, to torch songs and serenades, these diva darlings get down and dirty with disco, go-go, and honkytonk tunes that will get your heat pumping as you whirl on a carousel ride under the moonlight. Putting the fierce in fun park, the dive in diva and the beast in burlesque! (10-13Oct @ 8pm / 14 Oct @ 6pm)
– Driven by wild violin and chased by accordion and double bass, Vardos play gypsy and traditional music learned from Roma musicians during their travels in Eastern Europe. The all female trio has been serenading audiences around the world since late last century. (13 Oct @ 6pm)
KERMONDS 3 GEN
– Join three generations of the Kermand Clan in a show stopping tribute to all things vaudeville. A multigenerational romp that delivers a unique and fresh insight into the vanishing world of the variety night where song, dance, slapstick and comedy collide to create the ultimate salute to Show Biz! (14 Oct @ 2pm)
If your Spiegeltent visit falls during Luna Park operating hours, continue the magic on all the rides and carnival games on offer. Special Spiegeltent park and ride bundles are available.
for more information, operating hours, ticket prices and additional show details.