Hummus with toasty dippers
This simple hummus recipe is perfect for kids and they will love dipping these crunchy bread dippers. These are perfect for lunch boxes.
- Hummus1 x tin (400g) chickpeas
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Toasty dippers4 slices bread, crusts removed
- 2 tsp butter
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until just smooth.
- Toasty dippers
- Preheat oven to 190°C conventional (or 170°C fan-forced).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll each slice of bread with a rolling pin until flat.
- Butter each slice and cut into four triangles or rectangles making 16 pieces in total.
- Place bread on the tray and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve hummus and dippers on a tray or pack a small serve into lunch boxes.
- Hommus, homous, hummus, hommos, homus? I went with hummus. However, you spell it, this Middle Eastern garlicky chickpea dip is healthy and nutritious. Try wholegrain bread dippers cut into triangles or rectangles and a squeeze of lemon juice on top of the hummus to add a citrus zing.
- My kids don’t like tahini so this is a tahini free version.