Irish Lamb Chop Stew
A quick, easy and affordable lamb chop dish that can be made and left to slowly cook the whole family will love.
- 20 g butter
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 8 chump lamb chops
- 4 bacon rashers, cut into strips
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 500 g potatoes peeled thickly sliced
- 3 carrots thickly sliced
- 1 brown onion cut into wedges
- 1 leek small thickly sliced
- 150 g cabbage thinly sliced
- 500ml Beef Style Liquid Stock
- 2 tbs fresh flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
1.Heat butter and oil in a casserole dish or large saucepan over high heat.
2. Add the chops and cook until browned on each side.
3. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove and rest on paper towel.
4. Sprinkle flour into the dish and stir to combine.
5. Remove from heat and layer half the potato, carrot and bacon in base of dish.
6.Arrange the chops in a single layer over the bacon and cover with layers of the remaining vegetables and bacon..
7.Pour in enough of the stock to cover, then bring to boil over high heat.
8.Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for at least 1½ hours or until the meat is very tender and the sauce is slightly reduced.
9. Season well and sprinkle with parsley and serve.