White Fish Tacos
Any white fish fillets make the perfect filling for tacos!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 leek, well rinsed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 750g any firm white fish fillets
- juice of 1 lime
- 12 warmed corn tortillas
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, and fry the chilli, leek and garlic until tender and lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Stir in the chicken stock and tomatoes and season with cumin. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low.
3. Place the choice of fish into the mixture. Sprinkle with lime juice. Cook 15 to 20 minutes or until the fish is easily flaked with a fork. Wrap in warmed corn tortillas to serve with sour cream, fresh coriander, crisp shredded lettuce and extra lime wedges.