Simple party ideas for breezy summer entertainingIt’s summer. It’s the holiday season. Chances are you’re going to be attending (or hosting) a fair amount of get-togethers in the heat. Here are some recipes that are perfect on a summer’s day.
Lemon garlic prawnsLemon garlic prawns are a delicious combination of light summery flavours. Simply marinate the prawns in the lemon and garlic mix and then throw them onto the barbecue.
- 500g fresh green king prawns
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp parsley, fresh or dried
- Mix all together.
- Toss in pan or on the barbeque until the prawns go pink and are cooked.
- Season with freshly ground pepper and salt.
Cucumber and smoked salmon roll-upsThese lovely smoked salmon and cucumber roll-ups are perfect for a special lunch or part of a morning tea or picnic spread. Little fingers enjoy them too! prep: 0:15
- 1/2 tub (125g) extra light cream cheese
- 1 small spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp freshly chopped dill
- 1 large telegraph cucumber
- 100g smoked salmon, sliced
- Mix cream cheese, spring onions and dill together and set aside.
- Using a sharp vegetable peeler or mandolin, slice the cucumbers thinly lengthways to make long strips.
- Lay out 1 cucumber slice, top with salmon slices and spread about 1 heaped teaspoon of cream cheese mixture over it (finishing about a centimetre before the end).
- Roll up placing the seam (end) side down or secure with a toothpick.
- Place rollups in the fridge until ready to eat. Best made just before serving.