Taste-of-spring pasta salad
GIVE PASTA SALAD A MAKEOVER WITH IN-SEASON ASPARAGUS AND GARLICKY HERB OIL.
• 500g dried farfalle pasta
• 2 bunches asparagus
• 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced diagonally
• 200g (2 cups) shredded cooked chicken
• 1 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
• 125ml (1/2 cup) extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
• 2 garlic cloves
• 40g (1/2 cup) shaved parmesan
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Refresh under cold water. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue or chargrill on high. Spray asparagus with olive oil. Cook, turning, for 4 minutes or until tender crisp and lightly charred. Transfer to a chopping board and cut diagonally into 5cm lengths.
Add the asparagus, celery and chicken to the pasta. Toss to combine. Transfer to a platter.
Blend the parsley, oil, vinegar, chives and garlic in a blender until smooth. Season. Drizzle over the pasta mixture. Top with the parmesan.