Cookie cutter pancakes (Christmas themed cookie cutters)
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- You will also need:a squeezy bottle
- Christmas-themed cookie cutters
- canola spray
- Make a basic pancake batter by whisking together milk and egg in a large bowl. Sift over flour and whisk until smooth.
- For easy application, pour batter into a plastic squeezy bottle or recycled tomato sauce bottle.
- Grease cookie cutters with butter or spray oil. For extra non-stickability, dust in flour as well. Melt butter in a large frypan over medium heat and add prepared cookie cutters. Squeeze batter into cookie cutters, filling about two-thirds of the way.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until batter has risen to the top of the cookie cutter and is bubbling on top. Carefully flip pancake, cutter and all. Cook for a further minute then gently press pancake out of the cutter. Continue cooking for a further minute until set completely. Repeat with remaining ingredients.